VašeČočky.cz/321Linsen.de: How to increase blog traffic by 3,474%05. 08. 2019 Autor Martina Habartová
Do you want to know how 321linsen.de managed to increase blog traffic by 3,474% in the year-on-year comparison for 2017/2018? Read the following article to find out.
Probably nobody in the Czech marketing basin needs to be introduced to VašeČočky.cz. Their success story has been mentioned at every conference in the Czech Republic. However, its German version called 321Linsen.de is not mentioned that often. Learn how 321linsen.de achieved a 3,474% increase in blog traffic year-on-year in 2017/2018.
Take your time to build an authoritative domain
In the age of Medic updates and anti-fake news campaigns, it is even more important than ever to focus on the credibility of your domain. Especially if you’re active in a segment that is under the scrutiny of online law and order protectors more than any other sector. What does this mean exactly?
You should obtain quality links and prioritise quality over quantity. Within the German market, we didn’t just pursue the paid article; we also utilised unpaid links from big sites like Wikipedia or Wikihow, sponsored animals in ZOOs, approached schools for the visually impaired children offering sponsorship or provided cosplayers with coloured lenses for free.
VašeČočky.cz has arranged cooperation with optometrist Daniel Szarvas, who assists them in verifying the information in the articles and strengthening their position in the highly competitive contact lens and glasses market. If you draw information for your article from third-party sources, please mention your sources and provide links to them. It should be noted that the so-called Medic update by Google from August, which targeted YMYL sites, in particular, avoided the site of 321linsen.de.
Keep an eye on the competition and (Google) trends
That “content is king” has been known since 1996. Thus, practically every e-shop provides advisory sections, blogs and articles. How to stand out amongst the masses of such content?
You should thoroughly check out your competitor’s websites and write down what you like about their content, what they write about and how you could improve your blog based on these observations. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when someone else has already invented it for you.
- You should thoroughly check out your competitor’s websites and write down what you like about their content, what they write about and how you could improve your blog based on these observations. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when someone else has already invented it for you.
- Review your keyword analysis. Unless you started your business a year ago, your keywords are probably older, and there could have occurred new trends, long tails and opportunities that you are now missing.
- Track down the keywords displayed on featured snippets and check out what they look like. Could you write better texts? 321Linsen.de managed to rank two articles in 20 featured snippets.
- Build in-depth content and add different types of content to your articles. The days are gone where all you had to do was write a few paragraphs on your blog, chose sufficient keywords and then just watch the traffic curve rise. Especially, when you are active in a highly competitive segment. Therefore, it is essential to keep up with the development and prepare your articles to attract users to read them and make search engine bots find the best content on the topic. We recommend using lists, tables, infographics, videos and other forms of engaging content.
5 tips for alleviating digital eye strain/computer vision syndrome
- Correct distance from the screen
Make sure you keep a distance of at least 50 cm when using your computer, phone or tablet.
- Workplace lighting
When staring at electronic devices, try to position the daylight source like this, …
You don’t need to create tons of text; sometimes, you just need improve older content and update it. Why write a whole new article with a new URL when you already have an existing, linked article on a URL that has gained some history and been indexed by search engines. Take a look at your updated keywords and identify topic clusters (i. e., subject areas related to a single topic). Check to see if you’ve written about it before and if it contains all the phrases you’ve tracked.
– Take advantage of unique opportunities that customers are searching for. At 321linsen.de, creating a Black Friday page worked well in this case. It ranked high in the search engines, bringing in a non-negligible number of visits.
We all know it. When you prepare a blog, you get enthusiastic about it, but following up with regular posts may be challenging. If you want to publish articles more frequently and regularly on your blog, you should create a publishing schedule. Otherwise, at the end of the year, you find that New Year’s Eve is just around the corner, and you’ve put off publishing another article for so long due to other tasks and obligations that the last post was, at best, due in July.
What should such a blog publishing plan contain?
- When is the article going to be published? A month, a week, an exact date… it’s up to you.
- What area does the article relate to? It is helpful, mainly if your site contains multiple categories.
- What should be the topic of the article? It doesn’t necessarily have to be the exact headline, though.
- Do we need an expert review/expert opinion on the article? Remember Medic Update.
- What keywords should the article contain? Let it be driven by relevance and searchability.
- Does our website already feature similar articles? Avoid cannibalisation.
- Where can a copywriter get inspiration when writing? Choose benchmark content.
- What graphic elements should the article contain? Will there be infographics?
Tip: Before you start writing an article, check out the SERPs to see what results are listed for particular keywords and estimate what Google thinks about the users’ intent searching for them. This will help you understand how to conceptualise your article.
Consult articles with a native speaker
When operating a website, one thing is the translation of texts; the other is its localisation. Ideally, you should hire a native speaker for each country you translate unique content for. We have encountered countless cases in our long-term experience with optimising websites abroad when a client would believe that a translation agency/translator/friend who had lived abroad for many years had translated their website perfectly… However, a native speaker would be horrified on seeing the content and run away.
Aside from having a native speaker assist you with the stylistic and grammatical correctness of your texts, you can also benefit from their nationality to gain better insights into the mindset and customs of another nation. After all, people in their country may deal with topics related to your business that you would not otherwise think of.
Carnival, also known as Fasching or Fasnet, is finally back in full swing. We all look forward to the decorated parade floats and the many costumes that drive and walk through the streets. Contact lenses can also be a good addition. The choice of coloured contact lenses is almost limitless!
Costumes, make-up and coloured contact lenses go well together in the “fifth season”. More and more manufacturers offer coloured contact lenses or motif lenses tailored to individual needs. If carnival revellers and jesters take a few tips into account, coloured…
An example from this year’s web content. Germans love carnivals and will spend months preparing a costume to proudly parade through town.
Meet the traffic halfway
Don’t be short-sighted and rely only on data from search engines and marketing tools. Above all, think about your customers. 321linsen.de and VašeČočky.cz are 100% successful in achieving this. Not only do they A/B testing continuously and try to make it as easy as possible for their customers to navigate through the site and adapt it to local customs, but they are also progressive in terms of content. As they added glasses to their product range in the past year, they decided to use an app to try the glasses on your face. Moreover, they would like to focus on user-generated content (UGC) in the future, which they would also like to incorporate into blog articles.