How does influencer marketing work?11. 04. 2022 Autor Sina Müller
Businesses can use many ways how to reach their target audience. One of the most effective ways involves using influencers as brand ambassadors and, thus, directly addressing your own target group. Learn how influencer marketing works and how you can find the right influencer for your brand.
Influencer marketing involves employing people with a broad reach to market and communicate your brand or message. Influencers can be divided into three different types.
- Brand-lovers: They have already gained experience with a particular brand and have a strong positive bond with the brand.
- Brand-critics: They have had negative experiences with a particular brand and expressed their critical opinion of the company. Their statements concerning a product can adversely affect third parties’ purchase decisions or opinions.
- Brand-experts: They are acknowledged experts in their field and act as advisors. They maintain a neutral stance towards companies and draw on their expertise when evaluating brands and products.
Primarily, companies are looking for advocates with a wide reach who can promote their brand and are well versed in the field. There are many different types of influencers, such as social media users with a very high reach, bloggers, celebrities or YouTubers.
Influencer marketing platforms
Before you start looking for a suitable cooperation partner, draw up a plan which should contain your goals, target group, and target platform.
- Goal: Your cooperation with influencers can be motivated by various reasons, e. g., to raise brand awareness or improve the brand’s image.
- Target group: What types of media channels do your target group prefer to use and which influencer can best address their audience?
- Target platform: Once you understand your target group well, you probably already know what platforms they prefer. That’s where you can start looking for suitable influencers.
If you have a plan in place, you can start looking. For this purpose, there are some useful platforms that can assist you in finding the perfect influencer.
H2: Influencer marketing platforms
The success of an influencer marketing campaign largely relies on your choice of cooperation partners; therefore, it makes sense to use a professional database.
Currently, there are numerous platforms with millions of influencers. One of them is Storyclash. This Austrian platform assists brands in finding suitable influencers by comparing their profiles, posts and ratings. You can find Storyclash on all relevant platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and TikTok. In fact, the platform even offers an Instagram story database and image recognition technology, allowing you to search for specific products in the stories. Fees for influencer marketing services are customised.
The database contains influencers from all over the world; we have already closely examined the 20 most popular influencers in the Czech Republic.